Email marketing is a great way to get in touch with both current and prospective customers. However, it is viewed as somewhat negative thanks to the endless influx of spam that consumers are receiving in their inboxes as of late. Once you sign up for a newsletter, participate in an online survey, or purchase an item online your email account is suddenly flooded with advertisements and news blurbs.
While this is true, if you take a minute to study the stats regarding email marketing, they will prove that email marketing campaigns are extremely beneficial in helping businesses gain new leads for prospective customers. In addition to helping to gain new customers, email marketing for manufacturers is a great way to promote your products, communicate with suppliers and educate your current customers.
Benefits of Email Marketing for Manufacturers
- Increases Brand Awareness: The more email you send, the more customers are getting exposure to your brand. If you use strategize plan and gear your content toward your desired audience, you can greatly increase your clientele.
- Easy to Share: One of the advantages of email marketing is that it can be easily shared simply by forwarding. This enables your customers to share your emails with their friends which then act as a means of free advertising for your brand.
- Cost Effective: You can save a great deal of money on email marketing, including postage rates, printing costs, advertising, etc. In a recent study by the Direct Marketing Association, it was determined that every $1 spend on email marketing can bring in an average of $40 in revenue.
- Directed at a Target Audience: Email marketing eliminates the problem of wasting valuable resources on a generalized audience. You have direct control as to who receives your email blasts, ads and newsletters. You can target the right customer at the right time to gain the right lead. You can design you leads by demographics such as age, gender or specific interests as well as location and a variety of other variables. You also have the ability to personal your emails so you customers feel that they are getting the specialized one-on-one attention they so rightly deserve.
- Saves Time & Resources: Think of all the time you will save as you will no longer have to wait for materials to be printed and mailed out. Your customers can receive your messages in a matter of seconds! Your staff will not have to waste valuable time addressing and stuffing envelopes and running to the post office. You can now put your team to work on more important matters!
- Environmentally Friendly: This might not seem important in the scheme of things, but everyone these days is worried about the environment. Think of all of the trees you will be saving! Your customers will respect you more for “going green” and saving the planet!
- Increases Website Traffic: While SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a great way to drive new customers to your business website, is not the only way to increase your website traffic. Email marketing is one of the most efficient ways to drive more traffic to your site. Incorporate a link to your business your email blasts and watch as your site visits soar!
With a good email campaign, you can increase your customer database by leaps and bounds. As well as targeting specific audiences, you can also send out specific types of emails based on your immediate goal. You don’t want to overload your customers with a generic newsletter that contains sales flyers, company updates, webinar details and so forth. You want to send the pertinent information for a particular purpose.
Below are the main types of email marketing for manufacturers and other business.
Types of Email Marketing For Manufacturers
- Call to Action: If you are trying to entice your subscription to sign up for a specific event, download a PDF or participate in a webinar, you would send them a “call to action” email. Make sure to include a link to the event as well as a “call to action” button.
- Newsletter: A newsletter is a great way to keep everyone informed of recent news and upcoming events. In a newsletter you can include more information than you can on email blast or call to action, however, you don’t want it to be too long or the majority of your customers will just delete it. You want to keep it brief and to the point, only include relevant information. You can provide links to more detailed information on your website, if necessary. A newsletter should be sent out monthly so as to keep your customers informed but not overwhelmed.
- Email Blasts: An email blast is a great way to target a specific audience in a short amount of time. A blast should be brief and to the point: a reminder of a big sale or promotional event. Generally an email blast is just a few lines to serve as reminder or perhaps “breaking news.”
- Promotions: Promotional emails include sales ads, flyers and coupons. They are easy to mass produce and should be sent out only as needed. Too many promotional emails will just end up in your customers “trash bin” in their email account. You can send an email blast to announce a sale or event and then send the flyers, coupons etc closer to the actual event.
- Surveys: Surveys are an excellent source for customer feedback. You do not want to send the survey in an email; however, you simply provide a link to the survey and thank the customer for their time. There are plenty of sites that provide free surveys.
Luckily, there are plenty of software applications designed for email marketing for manufacturers. The automated software can keep an updated record of your database, organize and send out the emails. This alone can save you a great deal of time, money and effort.
Email marketing for manufacturers is a great way to increase your brand and connect with your target audience. You will be glad you switched!